2014 March Madness Challenge

By Sean Kennedy

Every year, the brackets have their share of surprises. Will you be able to crack the code?

It’s that time of year again: when David slays Goliath and Cinderella gets fitted for the glass slipper. With a wide-open field and Villanova and Saint Joseph’s both representing Philadelphia in the field of 68, this tournament should provide plenty of ‘One Shining Moments’ and instant classics. Of course, nothing makes watching a game more interesting than having a little something at stake. With that in mind, here are the rules for the 2nd annual Philly Fast Break March Madness tournament.

Rules: 

  • Entry is free for all participants.
  • To qualify to win, you must follow @PhillyFastBreak on twitter or have a registered user name on phillyfastbreak.com.
  • Make your bracket entry name your twitter handle or site user name.
  • In addition to beating the rest of the field, you must defeat the Philly Fast Break official entry in order to win.

How to Enter:

  • Register as a user at http://www.poolhost.comWhen registering, you will choose a personal username and provide your e-mail address. When you click Join, PoolHost.com will send you an e-mail with a password to login to the site.
  • Login to PoolHost.com with the username you chose and the password sent to you.
  • Go to the ‘Pool Tools’ menu and choose ‘Join a Private Pool’.
  • Choose ‘College Bracket Challenge’.
  • To Join the pool you need to enter the Pool ID and Pool Password.
  • For the Pool ID type: PhillyFastBreak
  • For the Pool Password type: ncaahoops

Prize Pool:

  • The total prize pool will be based on the number of twitter followers for the @PhillyFastBreak account (maximum $100). 100 followers = $100 prize pool, 90 followers = $90, etc.
  • First place will receive 80% of the total prize pool and second place the remaining 20%.

Good luck to all participants! Enjoy watching what I believe is the most exciting sporting event of the year.


Comments

2014 March Madness Challenge — 2 Comments

Add Comment Register



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *